Truckloads of campaign materials posted in non-designated common poster areas in Cotabato City were removed on the first day of the local campaign period on Friday, March 28, 2025.
These illegal campaign paraphernalia were taken down from non-designated common poster areas in 37 barangays in the city.
However, the Commission on Elections (COMELEC)-Cotabato City said the number of illegal campaign posters removed was minimal since the poll body had already conducted briefings in each barangay regarding campaign rules.
COMELEC added that candidates may file a complaint if their campaign materials legally posted in designated areas were destroyed and removed.
“Whatever advice from the law department of COMELEC, we will investigate and then whatever findings…pwede kasuhan ang candidate concern ng administrative or disqualification or violation of election offense,” COMELEC-Cotabato City Election Officer, Atty. Dindo Maglasang, said.
In Davao City, COMELEC and other government agencies also conducted “Oplan Baklas” in the three districts.
Authorities removed campaign materials hung on electric posts, trees, and private properties without the owner’s consent.
“Sa mga kural nga walay pagtugot sa mga tag-iya kasi nakita namo didto naa pa gani nakabutang post no bill,” COMELEC-11 Assistant Regional Director, Atty. Gay Enumerables, said.
Meanwhile, thousands of illegal campaign materials were also removed during “Oplan Baklas’ in Cagayan de Oro.
“Gabuhaton nato ni kay naa man gyud mga illegal nga Comelec paraphernalia mga tarpaulins sa candidates nga naa sa mga kahoy, sa highway, sa poste, sa electric post dili mana maoy mga common poster areas dapat didto ra sila sa atong mga common poster areas,” Atty. Ramil Acol, election officer of the second district of Cagayan de Oro, said.